Nothing new here. Just hoping to inspire an inspired event.
In this post, we give the basic guidelines in planning your event.
A Basic Guide to Planning Your Event.
It's never too early to plan for an event.
Factors you need to determine before you plan your event.
- Number of Persons
- How special do you want your event to be
The first (and most fun and easiest) step in planning for an event is determining a theme and a budget. This will prepare you and fire you up for the most tedious and boring parts of event planning. This requires some collaboration with the celebrants/brides/grooms/kids. Your theme will in great part determine how memorable your event is going to be so don't be afraid to go out of the box. Think weird, think relatable, think nostalgic, think outrageous! As for the budget, low, does not necessarily mean low quality. It just means you have to be more creative!
The second (and most confusing/tedious/frustrating) step in event planning is finding the perfect venue. While this may coincide with finding the right caterer since some caterers package the menus with their own venue, finding your own venue gives you full customization of your event. Sometimes it may be more expensive, sometimes cheaper.
If you do decide to find your own venue, here are just a few of the things to consider:
- Can the parking area accommodate all of your guests?
- Does it have corkage? There are additional fees when the caterer is not accredited by the venue.
- Is it on a high floor? Does it have a service elevator? Caterers will sometimes charge extra for the labor of bringing equipment up several flights of stairs.
- Does the venue permit on the spot cooking? If you ever want that tempura station...
- What is the capacity of the venue? How many people do you plan on inviting? Do you really need all that space? A too big venue can make your event feel melancholic if it isn't in proportion to the number of guests you're inviting, and make you feel cramped if it's too small.
- Does the venue have their own sound system?
Third (and most fulfilling step) is finding the right caterer (try Alfonso's Catering!). This is fulfilling because for most caterers, they offer free food tasting for 2 (life hack) provided you reserve for a set minimum number of guests. But who's to say right? Besides the venue, this is where most of your budget will go. While taste and service are major factors, let's be honest, a caterer's ability for presentation and design supercedes all. Caterers most of the time are responsible in creating the whole atmosphere for your event. So better get the right one. This is where experience truly matters. They will be doing most of the grunt work for you.
Fourth step and everything that follows is up to you, just have fun. Do the invites, hound your caterer, create your program, etc. Just remember, you are doing this to celebrate something great. Don't stress!
Caterers most of the time are responsible for creating the whole atmosphere for your even. So better get the right one.